The Incredibles Review

Indeed.
We just watched the Incredibles on DVD this weekend and, as Tim mentioned in an earlier post, it is very funny and very good. The people at Pixar are just awesome when it comes to putting out good animated movies. All of the main characters had surprising depth, and my favorite is Frozone, voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. The only minor flaw to the movie was the lack of explanation/history/resolution for Mirage, the long-silver-haired helper chick for Syndrome. If someone could shed some light on her (why she is helping Syndome, and whatever happened to her in the end) I would much appreciate it.

8 Comments:
Yea, i watched it almost twice in a row since ANgela fell asleep on the first part.
Jack jack is also very intriguing! I can't wait to see a sequel.
As for Mirage, I thought she was a superhero at first since she said, "We're still out here" to Mr. Incredible. Towards the end, I figured she was working for Syndrome b/c he's loaded and powerful, but is a regular person with some family values but not "society" ones.
The DVD also had a fun section outlining the strengths and characteristics of each of the superhero's mentioned.
Monday, April 11, 2005 1:08:00 PM
can't wait for jack jack to grow up. The sermon at church yesterday actually used the incredibles as an analogy.
Monday, April 11, 2005 4:46:00 PM
Speaking of sermons based on movies, I heard at least 5 sermons based on the Matrix. I'm waiting for a sermon based on Resident Evil: Apocolaypse.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:40:00 AM
DUDE!!!! We had a whole series on the Matrix. I was kind of embarassed by it all. I mean, wearing dark coats and shades, it seemed so lame. I can't imagine the older crowd found it intriguing, once was enough, but a whole sermon series, that was too much for me.
Friday, April 15, 2005 11:32:00 AM
Hey wait a minute, what church do you go to?
Friday, April 15, 2005 11:34:00 AM
I grew up going to First Evangelical Church in Glendale. Lately I've been church hopping, unfortunately.
Monday, April 18, 2005 9:19:00 AM
Ah, I stopped going for a really long time, then I started up again a little more than a year ago. I go to Evergreen Baptist Church in rosemead. At least I think it's rosemead. I'm not very active, though, I still feel a little intimidated after having not gone to church for so long, but I'm glad I'm back.
I was curious cuz you said it was at least five, so i got scared that you and I go to the same church. Eventually you'll stop hopping when you find one that you like. I have to drive almost 30 miles to get to church cuz i'm up in the valley.
Monday, April 18, 2005 11:14:00 AM
Kim and I went to Evergreen a few times since it's so close to our house. Pastor Ken Fong is a great dude. We haven't gone in probably ove r a year.
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:08:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home