Wednesday, May 10, 2006

GG Season Finale

How many of you watched last night's Gilmore Girls finale? I dunno, I felt a little dissappointed in it, mostly on Lorelai's melt-down. Although I sympathize with her feelings towards the oft-delayed limbo marriage, I felt that it was unfair of her to put an ultimatum on Luke...and to top it all off she goes and sleeps with Christopher! It sounds like she's the one who doesn't want the marriage, not Luke!

I thought the scene between Logan and Rory was totally believable. Great acting/crying job by Alexis. I do think, however, that Logan should be man enough to stand up to his father. Because he didn't, it implies to me that he still values his father's opinion over Rory's.

The whole troubadour thing was OKAY. Fine that they included all these eclectic rocker dudes, but I felt it was a bit much.

Rumor has it that next season will be the final season, considering that Amy Sherman-Palladino is gone and Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel are on their final year of the contract.

Predictions for the final season: Lorelai and Luke will work through their difficulties and end up getting married. Logan and Rory will not get married. Logan will cheat on her while in London. Rory will get some sort of journalist job and move to another country.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike J said...

I just recently started watching the show. First, who is Amy? Second, it was lame for a season finale. I never liked logan and it's good that he's going away. His dad is right, the boy needs to grow up. Even if he were to stand up to his dad, he still has to distance himself. I always found luke to be very reasonable. I don't think he tried to hide anything and I think he was very real. Lorelai on the other hand was too over the top. She should have understood about his daughter and if she had taken more of an altruistic interest in it, she would have met her before rory did. Shame on Lorelai for sleeping with chris...shame on chris for sleeping with lorelai. Rory should be very upset at the two of them, and luke should get away from all that madness.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:55:00 PM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

So disappointed. They promised Sonic Youth and Yo La Tengo, so I thought there would be a cool music festival in town and a return to the cool music that was so much a part of the first 3 seasons. I dislike Christopher, and Lorelai sleeping with him is out of character. They reduced Luke's character to a bumbling idiot, which is totally different from what he used to be.

Logan and Rory, weak side story, but no strong feelings either way. I still don't like him, but don't care enough about this college version of Rory to care that much about their relationship.

It was time for Amy S-P (co-creator and writer, along with her husband) to call it quits. This season sucked. I think they need to bring back more activity in Stars Hollow, with the town meetings, stuff at the inn, and great scenes by Richard & Emily. Michel and Kirk always make me laugh. Oh, and gotta have more Mrs. Kim!!!

Supposedly there's supposed to be another 2 seasons, but I could see next season being a closer as well.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:35:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

I think S-P said in an interview that she was having creative arguments with the network and couldn't come to an agreement as to the course of the show. That's probably why the quality of the writing dropped this season.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home