Thursday, January 26, 2006

Latest Ultrasound



Here is a screenshot from our visit to the OB/GYN last week. We asked the doctor to see if we could determine the sex of the baby, and it appears, although it is not very clear, that the baby is a boy. The doc said we'll know for sure in another month. For the ultrasound newbies, the baby's head is on the right side of the picture facing upwards, legs are bent on the left. At the center of the image, his arm is bent at the elbows and there is a faint outline of his hand.

Overall I am feeling excited about becoming a father. Of course there are those occasional moments of anxiety regarding how I'm going to pay for his college education, whether or not he will be an unruly brat, perhaps he will turn out to be some annoying Asian punk, or if he will inherit my bad habits of picking my nose and having selective hearing. However, the overriding feelings, by far, are of amazement, humbleness, and joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Very well written sir. I'm very excited June!

Friday, January 27, 2006 11:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

time to get that upromise credit card. I hope he won't be a bully or a brat, back home I grew up with a lot of spoiled people and a lot of bullies. They help churn out messed up people. I think as long as he has a good mom and dad, he'll be okay.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:37:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home