Friday, March 02, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine Review



Now that Madison's sleeping habits have somewhat stabilized (8pm to roughly 7am), Kim and I can enjoy watching an entire movie without any major interruptions.

I first heard of Little Miss Sunshine about a year ago from some movie trailers shown on TV. Okay, it looks quirky...but what's it about? Knowing that it got good reviews and was nominated for Best Picture, it was probably a safe bet for a DVD rental.

Without giving away the plotline, I found LMS to be a very entertaining movie, not ROTFLMAO funny, but funny enough to elicit a good number of laughs from this cold cynical heart. Unlike 99% of child actors, I did not find Abigail Breslin annoying. In fact, I found her character very adorable and endearing.

The only real knock against the movie is the somewhat stereotypical angst-ridden Dwayne (played by Paul Dano). Reminds me too much of countless teen movies which feature a young quiet philosophical teenager. Overall, a great movie. A-

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike J said...

RYC: I saw the Jason Todd figurine at a store, it was based on the illustration from Batman: Hush and it cost $100, I couldn't believe it.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:53:00 AM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Cool, a new post. I keep hearing good things about this movie, but as I have so little time, it really has to be good to make me use up 2 hours of my life to watch. It must be good if you, Mr. Cynical, laughed. Like the Grinch having his heart expand several sizes! :)

Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home