Monday, July 10, 2006

Since We're Talking About Gay People

Here's an interesting Op-Ed piece from the LA Times on liberal Christianity. Whatever your religious beliefs are, I think the article shows that for most people, believing in something concrete is more important and believing in something that is unoffensive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike J said...

really? I got the reverse, that people are leaning towards the unoffensive. It's all very confusing. I have too many gay friends, one of them even went to a gay church in santa monica. I don't know what to make of anything anymore.

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:40:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

Well, of course gay people are naturally going to favor a gay-friendly church. I think the article is speaking more towards the general public. Granted, the author is pro-Catholic, so it's not unbiased by any stretch.

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

I must first admit that I only skimmed the article. I didn't do a more serious read because frankly, I don't see a very clear point from the author...

Is he trying to say that liberal Christianity is failing because some of their churches are losing people?

I think it's more interesting to talk about the morality of homosexuality than liberal Christianity personally.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home