Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Thoughts on Cho Seung-Hui

Now that we are 4 days removed from the VT massacre and in light of the new developments, I drove to work this morning pondering the mind set of Seung-Hui. I found myself afraid of how, in a few years when the shock wears off, he will be held up as a martyr for some of the lonely and sick people in this world, just like the Columbine killers are now. As twisted as his mind was, I can see how someone would snap and go on a killing spree. How many people out there, although they won't dare to admit it now, sympathize with his feelings of loneliness, oppression, isolation, and rage?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike J said...

I haven't written anything about it, but I could totally rail on the media coverage. I admit some sympathy, but remember, he was declared mentally ill. There's no rationale or logic for "crazy." Millions are bullied and alone, but we don't shoot people; even though we've thought about it. He's so paranoid that even if you did reach out, he'd probably find it as an insult and be even more angry. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. He had to stay on his meds.

Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

ryc: I don't know what they are called. One is oily with a potato filling, one is sweet like peanut butter and crunchy, one is ham and onion. I'm not into the sweet stuff too much.

Friday, May 04, 2007 1:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

We all have our bad moments and sure, in anger, we think of destroying things... but that's where a little thing called reason and judgement helps? Where was his? I dunno... but I can't help but think that there's a grey area between how much freedom we should really have (gun control etc.) and when there should be societal controls to prevent things like this from happening....

Friday, May 11, 2007 2:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home