Friday, December 17, 2004

Top 5 French Fries

My list of the best french/freedom fries evar

1. Del Taco
2. In-N-Out*
3. McDonald's
4. Weinerschnitzel
5. Jack In The Box

* In-N-Out wins a special award for most consistency. All the fries listed above suffer from the occasional bad batch (i.e. fries sit around and get soggy), but In-N-Out delivers.

5 Comments:

Blogger happyoblivion said...

TOP FRENCH FRIES

1. Garlic fries at the Gilroy Garlic Festival
2. In-N-Out (eat them fast before they get cold)
3. McDonald's
4. Curly garlic fries at Pluto's Restaurant
5. Long John Silver's Fries (cuz they fry EVERYTHING in oil, so they're experts).

I'd also say the Weinerschnitzel chili fries are pretty good. Jack in the Box has so-so fries, or at least the stores around here. Surprisingly, our hospital cafeteria serves up pretty good fries, though it depends on who the cook at the grill is. Geography makes a difference, too. I never got Del Taco fries before, so I can't comment on them.

DISHONORABLE MENTION:
Burger King. Bad fries, especially since they went to the kind with some starch coating that was supposed to keep it crispier and hotter longer, but makes it seem like there's a thin layer of corrugated cardboard on each fry. Bleah!

Saturday, December 18, 2004 2:07:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

I agree on two points: Weinerschnitzel chili fries. Yummy! Del Taco chili fries are not so good. I would make a list of the best chili fries, but unfortunately I don't know 5 that are good.

Also, yes, burger king fries are DISGUSTING!!! What is that orange coating?!?!?!?

Saturday, December 18, 2004 8:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

LOL - 2 more nominees -

1) The CHIU-Y deep fryer. I haven't personally tasted them but I hear they're better than all of the above especially since you get the mix of all the Chiu residence previous food for the last few days.

2) Carl's Jr Criss Cut Fries

They're not really french fries, but add a couple of these right into that western bacon cheeseburger for a heart clogging culinary bonanza.

Monday, December 20, 2004 12:04:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

Yup, those deep-fried beignets from New Orleans have a slight taste of soft-shell crabs, french fries, and tempura.

Monday, December 20, 2004 11:19:00 PM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

I'm hungry...

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 1:05:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home