Monday, December 20, 2004

Top 5 Motown Songs

"Top 5" music lists are always tough for me to put together, since my tastes are so varied and there's just so much good stuff out there. But after sitting for 1.5 hours in traffic listening to nothing but the oldies stations, I decided to list my top 5 favorite motown songs:

1. "Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson*
2. "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5
3.
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
4. "Ooo Baby Baby" by The Miracles
5. "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes

*I first heard "Tears of a Clown" as a remake by the English Beat, played quite a lot back in the 80's on KROQ. I thought it was quite good until I heard the original on K-EARTH. Way more better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Hmmm... I'm embarassed to say that I only know the "No Mountain High Enough song".

You and Bryan's music repetoire are vast and interesting. I've been into folk and bluegrass lately after hearing a very fun clip on NPR about the duo, "Trout Fishing in America". If you have one of those online music service, I recommend checking out their dinosaur song. Also, there's this great folk music by yo-yo ma and some insane fiddler. I'll have to look that up on RealPlayer's Harmony music service.

Who, by the way, has a 2 week promotional trial that they've extended like 4 times for me now.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 1:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home