Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend DVD Review


Scarlett Johansson and Thora Birch in Ghost World


Wow, kids! Three movies this weekend! Unfortunately two of them sucked!

1. "Guess Who" starring Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher. Think "Meet the Parents", add lame interracial humor, remove Robert DeNiro's charisma, and throw in a painfully boring story line.

2. "Alexander" starring Colin Farrell and Angelina Jolie. This movie just kind of wandered around with no real storyline except to explore the life of Alexander the Great. The battle scenes were decent - I especially thought the Indian war elephants were cool. But I didn't really find the portrayal of Alexander particularly interesting. Angelina Jolie played Alexander's mom and for some reason she sounded Russian instead of Greek/Macedonian. For the ladies, there's a scene where Colin Farrell shows his naked butt, but Kim felt that Brad Pitt's naked butt in Troy looked better. In comparing the two movies, I also enjoyed Troy much more. Not because of Brad Pitt's butt, but because the storyline and characters were much entertaining.

Kim did attempt to spare my fragile ego by saying my butt looks better than Brad Pitt's, but I don't believe her. Not one bit.

3. "Ghost World" starring Scarlett Johansson, Thora Birch, and Steve Buscemi. This indie low-budget flick came out about 4 years ago. It's about two slacker "alternative-y" girls who just graduated from high school and face life afterwards. Good movie if you're in your late teens/early 20's and feeling lost. So-so movie for everyone else.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Pachoo is bootylicious! Great reviews as always. I'll steer clear of Alex then in my rentals.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

angelina's pretty hot, but she's messed in the head. I haven't seen your butt, but i'm sure it's due for a good tapping.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:29:00 PM

 
Blogger angelpoo said...

Kim, we need to know the reasons why Pachoo's butt "looks" better than Brad Pitt's. Ha ha ha, hee hee hee.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:47:00 PM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Yes, I concur: Pat=bootylicious. The equation cannot lie.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:13:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

What does "due for a good tapping" mean?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

you may not want to know. But it's like tapping a keg, but with people instead. It shows my affection for you.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:06:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

sometimes it's best that i stay ignorant

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home