Monday, August 01, 2005

Weekend DVD/Movie Review



Hitch, starring Will Smith, Kevin James, and Eva Mendes, was mediocre at best. It's a below- average romantic comedy about Will Smith as a "date doctor" trying to help a goofy accountant-type Doug Heffernan woo a New York socialite. Eva Mendes' character was unlikable as a tough-but-sensitive-on-the-inside reporter. Her acting was horrible, and the eye-candy factor was no help. You know it ends: despite some mix-ups, Doug gets his girl, and so does Will.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mike J said...

Thanks for the heads up, i've been getting a lot of chick pressure to watch this particular movie. I'll know to stay away.

Monday, August 01, 2005 11:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

I can't believe you watched this Pachoo! Sucker....

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:18:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

Earlier in the evening, the wife managed to sit through a sci-fi movie with me, so I had to return the favor. Unfortunately, the sci-fi flick was WAY better than this one.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

What did the wifey think of the flick?

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:51:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

She thought it was okay, didn't care too much for Eva Mendes, but Kevin James and Will Smith did a decent acting job. Overall she'd probably give it a B.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:32:00 PM

 
Blogger angelpoo said...

I have this movie...it's an ok movie but I LOVE WILL SMITH! He is soooo naturally funny.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:09:00 PM

 
Blogger angelpoo said...

Hey, Bryan watched it too! He said he liked it...without a big smile... Bryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lied!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:10:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

Bryan loves romantic comedies.

Friday, August 05, 2005 8:53:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home