Thursday, August 11, 2005

Meteor Shooting Star Thing-A-Ma-Jigs



This weekend will be the almost-annual Perseid meteor shower. Last year, despite the bright city lights, I managed to see about 10 meteors over a 30 minute time span. It was kinda cool. The wife thought I was being ridiculous for standing outside at 2AM. I rebutted her by saying that when it comes to matters of science, there is no such thing as ridiculous.

Her reply: "whatever".

If you're a nerd like me, you can find out more info here.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Simple is best!

Friday, August 12, 2005 6:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

LOL, that's very cool actually! What an amazing picture. I wonder if I can see them here in Philly.

Friday, August 12, 2005 6:48:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

You should be able to. I think from what I read it is viewable from the entire northern hemisphere.

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:25:00 AM

 
Blogger angelpoo said...

From a woman's standpoint, I thought that meteor showers are supposed to be romantic. You know, laying down on the grass with your honey at 2AM in the morning looking at the sky. Even if you didn't see any shooting stars, it was an exciting and hopeful experience. I did that in Davis at the Arboretum with Bryan. We were out on a deck by the pond. Duckies were there and we saw some shooting stars. It was nice :) Sorry Pachoo, you have to enjoy this alone :(

Friday, August 12, 2005 5:38:00 PM

 
Blogger angelpoo said...

Next time, bring a teddy bear with you :D

Friday, August 12, 2005 5:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

big ups to bryan.

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:48:00 PM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Meteor showers rock! No pun intended...

Saturday, August 13, 2005 1:46:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Milwaukee Bucks re-signed center Dan Gadzuric. The 27-year-old former UCLA standout is beginning his fourth NBA season after being selected by the Bucks in the second round of the 2002 draft. He averaged a career-high 7.3 points and 8.3 rebounds.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

I missed them this year =/ I thought weekend = Sat or Sun and didn't click on the nerd link...

Oh well.. next year!

Sunday, August 14, 2005 5:02:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

Dan Gadzuric,

It is an honor to have you post here, sir. But why are you writing in 3rd person?

Monday, August 15, 2005 9:09:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home