Farewell Arlon, Hello M.C. Gill Corporation
For the past 6 years, I've been happily employed at Arlon. It's been a great growing experience, not only in my engineering skills, but also learning how to manage people and dealing with company politics. However, in order to continue my career development and to be closer to home, I've jumped ship and for a month now been employed at the M.C. Gill Corporation in El Monte. My commute has dropped from 1-1.5 hours one way to 15 minutes! Being able to see Kim and Maddie during my lunch break has been awesome.
I'm still getting familiar with everyone and the company culture. It's definately going to be a challenge here trying to fit in - especially now that I've left behind 6 years of built-up goodwill and experience. Let's hope for the best!

4 Comments:
Glad to hear that your commute is much improved! Hope the new job treats you well. I know you've worked hard and am sure the old company will miss you lots. M.C. Gill--what do they do and what will you be doing for them? Inquiring minds want to know!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:45:00 AM
ooo...lucky lucky. Now you won't have to make your car as comfortable and you'll save on gas money.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:17:00 AM
M.C. Gill is a plastics composite company making parts mostly for the commercial aerospace industry. We make a lot of the interior structure parts like floor boards, cargo compartment liners, and the like. Supposedly we are spec'd into the new 787...if that ever flies.
Saturday, September 01, 2007 12:37:00 AM
Ooooo, the 787! Looks like it's going to be delayed again. Something to do with the fasteners or something. They should put you in charge, then it will be much better.
Monday, September 10, 2007 3:29:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home