Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Chronicles of Logan 4


Bad Logan!


Yesterday, while Kim and I were at work, Logan escaped from the kitchen into the living room and was not a very good boy. He jumped over a 4 ft. baby gate which separates the kitchen from the living room. During his several hour romp, he managed to destroy a pair of Kim's favorite shoes and also left a brown "present" for us. We can't trust him anymore to be left untethered while we are at work.

Being with Logan for two weeks, it's apparent to me that Logan was separated from his litter too soon. During the first month or two after birth, a pup in a litter typically learns discipline (from the pup's mother), how to share with other litter-mates, and understands what it means to be corrected. Pups which are separated too soon from their litters will often be unsocialized and more difficult to discipline. Logan was probably from some careless breeder only cared about making a quick dollar. Idiot. Listen kids, if you are considering getting dog (or cat), don't buy a dog from a breeder who does not seem to take socialization of the pups seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Oh nooooo!!!

SOrry Kim..... That is the worst feeling when you see them having destroyed something. Bad Logan!

Is that what he did when he was being scolded? It's hard to stay angry when he looks like that.

I gotta get better about putting cool pics on my blog. I love your site Pat. I think I'm going to make an Oreo Tab post and take pics of all the things she's chewed up.

Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Angela said...

Oh No!!!!!! Which pair of shoes?

Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

Poo is so very bad. ugh....

Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:22:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

No, the picture looks like he is crying, but it was taken when he was playing with Scruffy. I'm not sure why he put his paws up like that. Overall Logan will get sad, but only after extreme discipline. My normal techniques of disciplining dogs only results in him wagging his tail and looking at me stupidly.

The brand is BCBG or CBGB or BGBG or something with B's and G's in it. Kim looked a long time for those shoes (they no longer made them) and finally found a pair on eBay. Naturally she is sad about them.

Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:55:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

"Lemonpower said...
Poo is so very bad. ugh...."

As any dog owner will tell you, Poo is bad, but not that bad. I guess I've seen it so much that it doesn't bother me too much. Hopefully this will transfer over if we have little kids/monsters running around in the future...and that they don't chew up shoes and poo on the floor.

Thursday, January 20, 2005 12:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home