Monday, February 28, 2005

Acura LA Bike Tour

This coming Sunday, I am planning to ride the Acura LA Bike Tour, which is basically a 26-mile ride on the LA marathon course. What's cool about the ride is that it takes you through some of the varied neighborhoods of Los Angeles - South (central) LA, Highland Park, Korean Town, Little Ethiopia, and the Wilshire district. The ride is easy physically and mentally, as the course is essentially designed for marathon running. The only drawback is that the course at times gets very crowded, especially on the small uphill climbs. Last year I got rear-ended by someone who I believe was from the LA County Sheriff's dept.

So if you're in the LA area and are in good health and possess a decent bike, give it a shot.
www.acuralabiketour.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Go pat! I'm so jealous - I wish I was in SoCal for this.

If you win do you get an Acura?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:12:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

It's not a race, just a "ride". Although some of the hardcore riders line up at 3am to be at the front of the pack when the ride starts at 6am.

At the end of the ride, everyone lines up and holds hands and crosses the finish line all at once. That way we are ALL WINNERS.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

what if someone falls when you're holding hands?

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:22:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

We all laugh and leave him/her behind.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:29:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home