Friday, February 11, 2005

Kim-ism

Last night, my wife called me "Skinny bone bones". I think she meant to say "Skin and bones Jones".

I thought that was funny.

11 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

What is this Skin and bones jones? I've never heard of this saying. I think what Kim said sounds a lot cuter. =)

Friday, February 11, 2005 3:22:00 PM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Hey skinny boy! Your bones must be poking her, so the only solution is for you to double your food intake.

Friday, February 11, 2005 3:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Kimmy Kim Kim!

Monday, February 14, 2005 6:55:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

I dunno about being a skinny boy...according to the weight charts I'm average for a 5'10" guy (160 lbs).

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

That can't be right. If I went to 160 I'd be a bean pole. I'm about the same height, (maybe a little taller) and i just got down to 220. In college i was fine at 210. What kind of weight chart is this? Did Doogie Howser make it?

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:42:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

I'm using a body mass index (BMI) calculator found at the Mayo clinic website here:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=D961CE75-9A59-42F0-B248EFA4B67765DB&unsecure=1&BMIMINIUNITTYPE=english&HEIGHTFT=5&HEIGHTCMIN=10&WEIGHTKGLB=160&PAGEACTION=processBMI&CALC=CALCULATE&unUrl=1#resulttext

5'10" @ 160 lbs puts me in the normal category.

*shrug*

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:57:00 PM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

Link looks bad.

Go here:

1. www.mayoclinic.com
2. Calculators (on left hand side)
3. Body Mass Index

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

"However, it's not a perfect guide. Its biggest weakness is that it doesn't consider individual factors such as bone or muscle mass. For example, people who are very muscular and physically fit have relatively high BMIs without added health risks. On the other hand, BMI may underestimate body fat for many older adults or other people with low muscle mass. BMI also may not adequately evaluate health risks of people with excess abdominal fat."

I think 160 is just for a slim guy. If you work out you could easily go 180 and look great, but you're married now, no need to impress the ladies anymore.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:37:00 PM

 
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Your weight is average and anyone who weighs more is a fat blob. However, I know for sure you are 5'10" only if you are wearing shoes. Shhh! We won't tell Kim...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

I prefer to use the rib test. Can you still feel your ribs?

Oh wait. that's for dogs...

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:48:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

No not the rib method.

I determine my weight by:
1) filling a tub full of water
2) getting into it
3) gather and measure the amount of water that overflows out of the tub
4) multiplying the amount of water by 1 gm per cubic centimeter
5) converting grams to pounds

See, it's easy!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home