Movie Review: A Knight's Tale

Wow! It's been quite a while since I wrote a movie review - for obvious reasons. My personal movie watching is now limited to the rare nights of insomnia which hit me from time to time. Anyhow, when I saw the TV ads for Heath Ledger's A Knight's Tale back in '01, I thought at the time that this has got to be the lamest movie ever. Pretty boy Heath Ledger? Rock songs set in medieval times? The "We Will Rock You" chants during jousting tournaments? Stuuupid!
Many thanks to TNT for airing A Knight's Tale, because I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by this movie. It reminded me of "A Princess Bride", complete with the interesting traveling companions, references to pop culture, and decent action sequences. I actually teared during one part in the movie - bleh! I'm sure the historical references in the movie are entirely wrong, but who cares...it was entertaining!
One of the best lines of the movie:
French Squire 1: An Englishman will not win this French tournament. English legs are unsteady on French soil.
French Squire 2: And because French wine is too much for English bellies.
French Squire 3: And most importantly, because the Pope himself is French.
Roland: Well, the Pope may be French, but Jesus is English! You're on!
9 out of 10.

8 Comments:
ah yes, good ol' TNT, where the guilty-pleasure movies live forever!
Monday, October 15, 2007 4:04:00 PM
Yeah. TNT also had Terminator 3 on the other day too. Movie kinda sucked, but hey, at least I didn't blow $10 on it in the theaters.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:52:00 AM
you should make a new list of movies you won't admit to watching. Like Road House, or Footloose.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:34:00 AM
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Saturday, November 14, 2009 2:50:00 PM
Now lotensin Low price dilantin 50mg cystone Now lopid Pharmacy valium Online avandia
Monday, January 18, 2010 2:04:00 AM
when does ovulation occur after clomid | http://buyclomidcheap.webs.com/#55994 - is it safe to buy clomid online, pregnancy with clomid
Friday, February 01, 2013 1:59:00 AM
clomid when will i ovulate | can you buy clomid - where can i buy clomid over the counter, chances of conceiving on clomid
Friday, February 01, 2013 1:09:00 PM
100 mg clomid twins | [url=http://purchaseclomid.jimdo.com/#81850]buy clomid without prescription[/url] - can you buy clomid online, pdqc clomid discussions
Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:14:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home