Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Old School



Just like the movie, I am a 30-something returning to college. Not to start my own fraternity and/or drink until my liver blows up, but to pursue a masters degree in mechanical engineering. For this first semester I will be taking two upper-division undergraduate courses. My plan is to get this done in about 2 years.

Today was the first day of class. It felt a little strange knowing that most of the students weren't even alive to witness on TV the first space shuttle launch in 1981 (trust me, it was awesome), or to be amazed when Tron first hit the theaters in 1982. In a way, I feel sorry for them. Going through junior high and high school in the 90's must have been BORING.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

Woo hoo - go pat go - mr. smarty pants.

So what kinda stuff will you be learning in Mech Eng?

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike J said...

Wow....Master in Mechanical Engineering. You should hold true to your youthful longings and design a Veritech!!! I remember in the first grade, we all went into a classroom with a big tv to watch the shuttle launch, then it exploded. That was interesting. Ms. Crawford was crying. Tron ruled. I had the little hand-held game they used to make in the 80's. The one that looked like a big gigantic arcade machine, but was super tiny. My friend broke it, but i think he really jsut kept it, I still have Lupin, though!

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:22:00 AM

 
Blogger pachoo said...

A veritech fighter? Hmm...I should propose to do that in my project design class. But unfortunately we only have 3 months to design and build a project...veritech might take a little longer than that.

I'm only taking two classes this quarter: 1) a project design class where as a group, we come up with some sort of new product, design it, and manufacture it. 2) strength of materials - a class about strength of various engineering materials and how they are used

Thursday, January 27, 2005 10:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

OooooOo a new product!

I think you should do world's best body lotion!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 4:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home